- the Avengers get really bored one day and pick names out of a hat and trade costumes and spend the rest of the day pretending they got bodyswapped to mess with Tony
- it’s Steve’s idea
|—||Things I’ll teach my children (via infl4ted)|
This drives me mad. I used to work in a bookstore, and was talking to my coworker and he just yelled out “stop flirting with me!” at this ridiculous volume and it was humiliating because
1. I wasn’t
2. I got in trouble for acting unprofessional
3. He embarrassed me in front of a line of people
4. And he only stopped insisting that I was flirting when my boyfriend (who is now my husband) said, “dude, trust me, she’s not flirting with you” to him
That asshole respected my BOYFRIEND saying I wasn’t flirting more than he respected me saying it and I was the one who was talking! The whole scene got me in trouble at work. And the most ridiculous part is we were talking about a fucking book. In a bookstore.
One time, my ex boyfriend had a crush on some girl, and said that he thought he might have “a chance” with her.
When I asked him what made him think that, he said “Well, she talks to me.”
And this is why it is so difficult to be a girl and be friends with men who are attracted to women.
Can we also add that this is why a lot of women do the resting bitch face when out in public. Cause dudes swear a glance or a smile is flirting.
A shotout to Arianne Martell, who:
- Is not only a woman of color, but also one of the very few women in ASOIAF who is in a relative position of power (sure, she is just an heir now, but when Doran dies, she will rule one of the greatest houses in Westeros).
- Is not ashamed of using her sexuality and does so both for pleasure and for getting what she wants. And she is not shamed by anyone for this! It’s such a huge thing, when characters like Cersei, who also uses her sexuality, are constantly humiliated for doing so.
- May use people for her own purposes, but that doesn’t necessarily mean she doesn’t care for them (“Arys, she thought, my white knight. Tears filled her eyes, and suddenly she was weeping, her whole body wracked by sobs”, “Arys, my sweet, my white knight, why did you do it? You should have yielded. I tried to tell you, but the words caught in my mouth. You gallant fool, I never meant for you to die, or for Myrcella… oh, gods be good, that little girl…”)
- She is one of the very few nobles who is actually seen having friends, whom she seems to love very much (including an orphan — guess just how common is a noblewoman being best friends with an orphan?). She actually goes so far as asking mercy for her friends, when she thought her own life might be at risk. ("I ask leniency only for my friends."). Arianne is very much a people’s person, with it being mentioned that the people of Dorne love her.
- Has an amazing relationship with all of her cousins. Because there are never enough female!! friendships!! (She wanted to share her first man with Tyene, so if that doesn’t tell you something…). And while she may not have their ability to use weapons, she surely has her charm.
- Acts like the young woman she is, dreaming about dashing men (”I sat beside the well and pretended that some robber knight had brought me here to have his way with me, she thought, a tall hard man with black eyes and a widow’s peak.”), and that’s perfectly fine and normal, not a reason she should be mocked for.
- May not have the cunningness or patience of her father, but, despite her impulsivity, Arianne is not stupid — she’s just young and, in some ways, naive. Remember when she made a White Knight fall in love with her and swore his allegiance with her? Remember when she figured out that a servant of hers was in love with Garin, and she managed to manipulate the girl into sending a message for her, while she was imprisoned? (Well, granted, that plot did not work, because Doran’s too good, but still.)
- Despite all her fights with her father and the disappointment she feels towards him at first, Arianne still loves Doran and would never hurt him. (”It is time he put his burdens down, but I will suffer no slights to his honor or his person. She would return him to his Water Gardens, to live out what years remained him surrounded by laughing children and the smell of limes and oranges.”)
- Is simply an amazing female character.
- And let’s not forget: “That is Nymeria’s star, burning bright, and that milky band behind her, those are ten thousand ships. She burned as bright as any man, and so shall I. You will not rob me of my birthright!”
|—||Kevin Smith (director) on the ridiculousness of movies about sex receiving NC-17 ratings while extremely violent movies get by with R ratings. (via kevinnj)|
I can’t concentrate on anything you’re saying until you cover your junk.
"i’m not a feminist, i love guys!"
I LOVE PANCAKES
that’s so cute omg <3 thank you dear xx
i.. why are you so confronted
you seem so shocked
are you ok
“And Harry, with the unerring skill of the Seeker, caught the wand in his free hand as Voldemort fell backward, arms splayed, the slit pupils of the scarlet eyes rolling upward. Tom Riddle hit the floor with a mundane finality, his body feeble and shrunken, the white hands empty, the snakelike face vacant and unknowing. Voldemort was dead.”
You see, this is how it should have been. I wish that this wasn’t just a behind-the-scene photo. I wish that it had happened like this. Exactly like in the book. Voldemort died like anyone else. And it’s amazing how in the book, J.K. Rowling actually used his name. He was humanized in death. And I wish that they had shown that, instead of showing him do an imitation of the Corpse Bride.
Because it’s really important:
Tom Riddle was humanized in death.
(…not to mention that, if I remember correctly, it happened in the Great Hall in front of everyone…)
Okay you know what I was just gonna reblog this and say nothing but you know what, I’m pissed off and you wanna know why?
Ted is a Nice Guy. I don’t mean a nice man, no. I mean the motherfucking “Nice Guy” who moans and complains about how women just won’t flock to him and be exactly who he expects of them. He knew from the beginning Robin wanted to focus on her career before marriage. He knew from the beginning she didn’t want kids. She rejected him time after time before they dated the first time. She rejected him time after time after that, for nine goddamn fucking years. His refusal to stop pursuing her, and accept she did not fucking love him, destroyed his relationship with Victoria TWICE. He is the whiny high school teenager bitching because the popular girl he obsesses over just isn’t into him. He is the goddamn Nice Guy, the kind whose every action, every so-called kind deed is done purely out of trying to get Robin to date him.
Robin motherfucking Scherbatsky was an independent woman who not only relied on herself, but expected the men she wanted to be with to be independent and rely on himself, as well. She was career-minded and strong and independent and self-reliant. Those were the traits that doomed her and Ted.
In this gifset we see that Ted did not respect Robin for who she was. He didn’t want her to be self-reliant—he wanted her to rely on him. He’s like so many men out there, so many Nice Guys. Baby, let me take care of you while you put me before everything else, You’re too independent, Robin. I need you to need me, I need you to rely on me. The reason they didn’t work out was because they both wanted and needed different things in relationships, and that’s okay—what isn’t okay is that instead of accepting that, Ted blames her. Tells her that SHE is the reason why they broke up, and something about her is WRONG. He insults her, tells her that her fundamental personality is wrong, and that she is why their relationship failed; that they they just aren’t compatible, no; because she is broken.
She is so upset at this she goes to another ex. He’s the Jerk, you know; the guy who all the Nice Guys in the world call The Asshole. And you know what? You know what this Asshole does? He comforts her, he compliments her. He tells her that those traits, teh traits she’s been belittled and taunted over, the traits that make her broken, the reason why She Can’t Find A Man, are what make her wonderful. Barney loved her for her insecurities, and he supported her independence. He supported her self-reliance. In one scene, this Asshole prove to be far more accepting and mature than the so-called Nice Guy.
So who do she end up with?
how i met your mother ending is bullshit
I’m angry again lmao!!!
reblog and see what your followers say
I’VE LITERALLY HAVE NEVER DONE ANYTHING TO YOU PEOPLE
I can’t believe this is what it took to get you wonderful people to send me asks. These are all beautiful. You’re all beautiful.
do it guys
Do it guys! I beg you!
"PALESTINIAN GIRL, YOUNGEST DOCTOR IN THE WORLD"
"When someone enrols in the medicine school that one of the longest schooling required profession, by the time they finish school they will be around 30-or at least on their late 20s. But not for this girl; Eqbal Asa’d is a Palestinian Muslim woman that started the Medicine school when she was just 14 years old, ‘myhijab.info’ reports. Asa’d got her Bachelor degree in Medicine with Honors and was set by the Guinness World Records as the youngest doctor in the World, according to the report. She has been signed to go to Ohio, U.S to continue her education even further and become a Pediatrician." - Source
YOU GUYS SHE IS THE YOUNGEST DOCTOR IN THE WORLD. SHE IS A FEMALE, A MUSLIM AND A MINORITY. AND SHE IS THE YOUNGEST DOCTOR IN THE WORLD.
WHY ARE WE NOT HEARING MORE ABOUT HER?
you just explained why we are not hearing about this